Penicillin is used for Sexually transmitted infection, Bacterial infections of wound, Sexually transmitted infections, Infection from animals, Bacterial infections of blood, Bacterial infections of bones, Bacterial infections of pus filled skin, Bacterial infections of nose, Bacterial infections of throat, Bacterial infections of gastrointestinal tract and other conditions.
This salt may also be used for purposes not listed in this medication guide.
Detailed information related to Penicillin’s uses, side-effects, reviews, questions, interactions, and precautions is as follows:
Penicillin is used for the treatment, control, prevention, & improvement of the following diseases, conditions and symptoms:
- Sexually transmitted infection
- Bacterial infections of wound
- Sexually transmitted infections
- Infection from animals
- Bacterial infections of blood
- Bacterial infections of bones
- Bacterial infections of pus filled skin
- Bacterial infections of nose
- Bacterial infections of throat
- Bacterial infections of gastrointestinal tract
- Bacterial infections of central nervous system
- Bacterial infections of respiratory tract and middle ear
- Infection in newborn babies
- Penicillin may also be used for purposes not listed here.
Before using Penicillin, inform your doctor about your current list of medications, over the counter products (e.g. vitamins, herbal supplements, etc.), allergies, pre-existing diseases, and current health conditions (e.g. pregnancy, upcoming surgery, etc.). Some health conditions may make you more susceptible to the side-effects of the drug. Take as directed by your doctor or follow the direction printed on the product insert. Dosage is based on your condition. Tell your doctor if your condition persists or worsens. Important counseling points are listed below.
- Avoid using penicillin if allergic to it
- Should be used carefully in patients with Allergic reactions
- Take caution while taking penicillin in case of pregnancy and breastfeeding
The following is a list of possible side-effects that may occur in medicines that contain Penicillin. This is not a comprehensive list. These side-effects are possible, but do not always occur. Some of the side-effects may be rare but serious. Consult your doctor if you observe any of the following side-effects, especially if they do not go away.
- Sore mouth or tongue
- Vaginal itching and discharge
- White patches in the mouth and/or on the tongue
- Penicillin may also cause side-effects not listed here.